As used in this subpart:
First payment year means with respect to--
(1) Covered professional services furnished by a qualifying MA EP, the first calendar year for which an incentive payment is made for such services under this subsection to a qualifying MA organization.
(2) Qualifying MA-affiliated eligible hospitals, the first fiscal year for which an incentive payment is made for qualifying MA-affiliated eligible hospitals under this subsection to a qualifying MA organization.
Inpatient-bed-days is defined in the same manner and is used in the same manner as that term is defined and used for purposes of implementing section 4201(a) of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 with respect to the Medicare FFS hospital EHR incentive program in §495.104 of this part.
Patient care services means health care services for which payment would be made under, or for which payment would be based on, the fee schedule established under Medicare Part B if they were furnished by an EP.
Payment year means –
(1) For a qualifying MA EP, a calendar year beginning with CY 2011 and ending with CY 2016; and
(2) For an eligible hospital, a Federal fiscal year beginning with FY 2011 and ending with FY 2016.
Qualifying MA-affiliated eligible hospital means an eligible hospital under section 1886(n)(6) of the Act that is under common corporate governance with a qualifying MA organization and that of the Medicare beneficiaries it serves, more than two-thirds are Medicare individuals enrolled under MA plans, and that is a meaningful user of certified EHR technology as defined by §495.4 of this part. In the case of a hospital for which at least one-third of whose Medicare bed-days for the year are covered under Part A rather than Part C, payment for that payment year is only be made under section 1886(n) of the Act and not under this section.
Qualifying MA EP means all of the following:
(1) A physician (as described in section 1861(r) of the Act), including a doctor of medicine or osteopathy who is either of the following:
(i) Employed by A qualifying MA organization.
(ii) Employed by, or is a partner of, an entity that through a contract with a qualifying MA organization furnishes at least 80 percent of the entity's Medicare patient care services to enrollees of such organization.
(2) Furnishes at least 80 percent of his or her professional services covered under Title XVIII to enrollees of the qualifying MA organization.
(3) Furnishes, on average, at least 20 hours per week of patient care services to enrollees of the qualifying MA organization during the EHR reporting period.
(4) Is a meaningful user of certified EHR technology in accordance with §495.4 of this part.
Qualifying MA organization means a MA organization that is organized as a health maintenance organization (HMO) as defined in section 2791(b)(3) of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act which includes a federally qualified HMO, an organization recognized as an HMO under State law, or a similar organization regulated for solvency under State law in the same manner and to the same extent as an HMO. Second, third, fourth, and fifth payment year means with respect to incentive payments for qualifying--
(1) MA EPs to a qualifying MA organization, each successive calendar year immediately following the first payment year for the qualifying MA organization. The first payment year and each successive year immediately following the first payment year, for the qualifying MA organizations, through 2016, is the same for all qualifying MA EPs with respect to any specific qualifying MA organization.
(2) MA-affiliated eligible hospitals to a qualifying MA organization, each successive fiscal year immediately following the first payment year for the qualifying MA organization.
Under common corporate governance means that a qualifying MA organization and a qualifying MA-affiliated eligible hospital have a common parent corporation, that one is a subsidiary of the other, or that the organization and the hospital have a common board of directors.
Meet the Most Requirements in the Shortest Time: HIPAA Jumpstart.