§495.10 Participation requirements for EPs, eligible hospitals, and CAHs.
(a) An eligible hospital, CAH or EP must submit in a manner specified by CMS the following information in the first payment year:
(1) Name of the EP, eligible hospital or CAH.
(2) National Provider Identifier (NPI).
(3) Business address and phone number.
(b) In addition to the information submitted under paragraph (a) of this section, an eligible hospital or CAH, must, in the first payment year, submit in a manner specified by CMS its CMS Certification Number (CCN) and its Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).
(c) Subject to paragraph (f) of this section, in addition to the information submitted under paragraph (a) of this section, an EP must submit in a manner specified by CMS, the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to which the EP's incentive payment should be made.
(d) In the event the information specified in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this section as previously submitted to CMS is no longer accurate, the EP or eligible hospital must provide updated information to CMS or the State on a timely basis in the manner specified by CMS or the State.
(e) An EP that qualifies as both a Medicaid EP and Medicare EP--
(1) Must notify CMS in the manner specified by CMS as to whether he or she elects to participate in the Medicare or the Medicaid EHR incentive program.
(2) Is limited to switching between programs one time, and only for payment years 2014 and before;
(3) Must, for each payment year, meet all of the Medicare or Medicaid applicable requirements, including applicable patient volume requirements, for the program he or she chooses to participate in;
(4) Is limited to receiving, in total, the maximum payments the EP would receive under the Medicaid EHR program, as described in subpart D of this part;
(5) Is placed in the payment year the EP would have been in, had the EP not switched programs. For example, an EP that begins receiving Medicaid incentive payments in 2011, and then switches to the Medicare program for 2012, is in his or her second payment year in 2012.
(f) Limitations on incentive payment reassignments. Section 1842(b)(6)(A) of the Act allows for the reassignment of payments under Medicare to an employer or entity with which the EP has a contractual arrangement allowing the employer or entity to bill and receive payment for the EP's covered professional services.
(1) EPs are permitted to reassign their incentive payments to their employer or to an entity with which they have a contractual arrangement, consistent with all rules governing reassignments including part 424, subpart F of this chapter.
(2) Each EP may only reassign the entire amount of the incentive payment to one employer or entity.