§170.299 Incorporation by reference.
(a) Certain material is incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, the Department of Health and Human Services must publish notice of change in the Federal Register and the material must be available to the public. All approved material is available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030 or go to http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. Also, it is available for inspection at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, Hubert H. Humphrey Building, Suite 729D, 200 Independence Ave, S.W., Washington, DC 20201, call ahead to arrange for inspection at 202-690-7151, and is available from the sources listed below.
(b) Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS), Post Office Box 455, Billerica, MA 01821, http://www.oasisopen. org/home/index.php, Telephone: 978-667-5115.
(1) Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Version 1.2 (Second Edition), parts 0 -2, W3C Recommendation April 27, 2007 (SOAP version 1.2), IBR approved for §170.202.
(i) SOAP version 1.2 PART 0: Primer;
(ii) SOAP version 1.2 PART 1: Messaging Framework; and
(iii) SOAP version 1.2 PART 2: Adjuncts.
(c) Health Level Seven, 3300 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 227, Ann Arbor, MI 48104; Telephone (734) 677-7777 or http://www.hl7.org/.
(1) Health Level Seven Standard Version 2.3.1 (HL7 2.3.1), An Application Protocol for Electronic Data Exchange in Healthcare Environments, April 14, 1999, IBR approved for §170.205.
(2) Health Level Seven Messaging Standard Version 2.5.1 (HL7 2.5.1), An Application Protocol for Electronic Data Exchange in Healthcare Environments, February 21, 2007, IBR approved for §170.205.
(3) Health Level Seven Implementation Guide: Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) Release 2 – Level 2 Continuity of Care Document (CCD), April 01, 2007, IBR approved for §170.205
(d) ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Drive, PO Box C700, West Conshohocken, PA, 19428-2959 USA; Telephone (610) 832-9585 or http://www.astm.org/.
(1) ASTM E2369-05: Standard Specification for Continuity of Care Record (CCR), year of adoption 2005, ASTM approved July 17, 2006, IBR approved for §170.205.
(2) ASTM E2369-05 (Adjunct to E2369): Standard Specification Continuity of Care Record, - Final Version 1.0 (V1.0), November 7, 2005, IBR approved for §170.205.
(e) National Council for Prescription Drug Programs, Incorporated, 9240 E. Raintree Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85260– 7518; Telephone (480) 477–1000; and Facsimile (480) 767–1042 or http://www.ncpdp.org.
(1) SCRIPT Standard, Implementation Guide, Version 10.6, October, 2008, (Approval date for ANSI: November 12, 2008), IBR approved for §170.205.
(f) Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH), 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, South Building, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20004; Telephone (202) 861-1492 or http://www.caqh.org/CORE_phase1.php.
(1) Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE) Phase I Eligibility and Benefits Operating Rules Manual, April, 2006, IBR approved for §170.205.
(g) Regenstrief Institute, Inc., LOINC® c/o Medical Informatics The Regenstrief Institute, Inc 410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000 Indianapolis, IN 46202-3012; Telephone (317) 423-5558 or http://loinc.org/.
(1) Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC®) version 2.27, June 15, 2009, IBR approved for §170.205.
(h) U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894; Telephone (301) 594-5983 or http://www.nlm.nih.gov/.
(1) International Health Terminology Standards Development Organization Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT®), International Release, July 2009, IBR approved for §170.205.
(i) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Centers for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases Immunization Information System Support Branch – Informatics 1600 Clifton Road Mailstop: E-62 Atlanta, GA 30333
(1) HL7 Standard Code Set CVX - Vaccines Administered, July 30, 2009, IBR approved for §170.205.
(j) Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Office of Clinical Standards and Quality, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244; Telephone (410) 786-3000
(1) CMS PQRI 2008 Registry XML Specification, December 10, 2008 IBR approved for §170.205.
(2) 2009 Physician Quality Reporting Initiative Measure Specifications Manual for Claims and Registry, Version 3.0, December 8, 2008 IBR approved for §170.205.
Make sure you are Omnibus Rule Compliant: HIPAA Privacy Checklist.